OSI Group’s Continual Growth & Domination in the Meat Processing Industry
OSI Group is a privately owned, meat processing company based in Aurora, Illinois, a suburb outside of Chicago. It was found in 1909 as a family meat market located in Oak Park, Illinois, another suburb outside of Chicago. Its founder was named Otto Kolschowsky, a German immigrant. And now with around 20,000 employees, this company has offices worldwide. Furthermore, the CEO of the company is named Sheldon Lavin.
OSI Group’s enormous growth esteemed from great product and services and great strategic moves throughout the 20th century and in this century. They provide a broad array of high-quality meat products, including beef patties, hot dogs, and fish. And the following includes a timeline of strategic milestones they accomplished, so far:
• 1917- the expansion of the wholesale meat trade and relocation to another Chicago suburb, Maywood
• 1928- business name changed to Otto & Sons
• 1955- teamed up with McDonald’s to provide them with beef patties
• 1973- OSI Group launched its first meat plant in West Chicago
• 1999- they made a licensed agreement with the Best Chicago Meat Co., LLC for utilizing their Glenmark brand
• 2011- listed in Forbes of an annual revenue amount of $3 billion and being America’s 136th biggest private company
• 12/2011- Best Chicago Meat totally acquired the Glenmark brand from them
• 2016- listed in Forbes as the number 58th place of the biggest private company and being worth $6.1 billion
These accomplishments contributed to this organization’s success for 100+ years it’s been in business.
In Recent News
In addition to their overall success, OSI has recently completed two more milestones: They added Baho Food to business operation, and they bought Tyson Foods plant in south Chicago. Baho Food has a collection of a high-quality brand of food that compliments and allows for a broader OSI’s presence in Europe. Baho Food includes five subsidiaries with processing plants in the Netherlands and Germany, including Q Smart Life, Bakx Foods, Henri van de Bilt, Vital Convenience, and Gelderland Frischwaren. And another meat processing plant, Tyson Foods, was purchased for $7.4M.
OSI Group info: www.foodworks.pl/en/osi-group-en.html